Ground Segment IVQ Engineers (m/f/d)
to support the Galileo factory IVQ activities
- THALES Ditzingen
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Services business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
- Installation, integration and configuration of software and hardware deliveries
- Identification and follow-up of system anomalies arising from test and integration activities Generation of test procedures based on system requirements
- Execution of tests in formal conditions witnessed by end customer.
- Production of test documentation including results and evidences.
- Preparation and participation of test readiness reviews with the customer
- Contribute to, maintain and extend the test environment and tools
- Support onsite integration and test in the Galileo Control Centers in Fucino (Italy) and Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany)
- Degree in Engineering (Engineering Sciences, Computer Science or similar)
- Capability to understand complex systems (high and low level system understanding)
- Proven experience in integration and verification testing of medium and large hardware and software systems; experience in classified systems verification would be an advantage
- Proven knowledge in Linux Operating Systems operation and administration (e.g installation / user and password managing solutions / advanced network configuration…).
- Proven knowledge in scripting languages (Java Script, bash and Python) is mandatory. Experience in technical software development and related programming languages (C/C++ and Java) would be an advantage.
- Practical experience with database systems as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MariaDB
- Proven experience in network configuration and architecture, TCP/IP protocols (including message decoding) and switch configuration is essential. Knowledge about software and hardware based firewalls would be beneficial
- Experience with computer hardware (client / server and virtual environments). Ability to troubleshoot, install and maintain different kind of servers, PCs and laptops
- Fluent in English and German (spoken and written)
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality. Moreover, we actively manage your development.
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values.
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us.
Tel: +49 6151 4285350