Software Engineer Space (m/f/d)
- Office Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the design and development of software in various Space Flight Dynamics projects, such as our PLENITER® Orbit suite. The successful candidate will work in our Darmstadt office in the Flight Dynamics Team.
- Conceptual design implementation and validation of operational software in the flight dynamics domain
- Software architecture and functional design
- Technical consultancy for several ongoing space projects
- Participation in the proposals for upcoming mission opportunities
The successful candidate shall have:
- A university degree in software engineering, aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics, or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience in design, development and validation of software in the Space domain
- Experience in object-oriented programming in C++, Java, etc.
- Experience in Python scripting language
- A good knowledge of space engineering
- Analytical and structured mindset (i.e. capable of analysing and solving complex problems)
- Capability to work independently and under time pressure
- Proactive and team-working attitude
- Fluency in English
The following skills would be of advantage:
- A good knowledge of spacecraft flight dynamics and celestial mechanics
- Experience with flight dynamics software tools
- Knowledge in machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330