Spacecraft Operations Engineer (m/f/d)
Heinrich Hertz Mission
- Office Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
You will join a small and committed team and support operations preparation for the upcoming SCISYS mission, the German telecommunication mission “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT, phases C/D/E). In this challenging role you will have the opportunity to contribute from the very beginning of the project lifecycle and become a member of the mission operations team for H2SAT.
The following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the project’s development depending on the operational needs:
- Review, refine and complement relevant documentation generated during preceding phases
- Support the development of all the required documentation as per operational phase, according to ECSS standard
- Develop and validate the Flight Operations Procedures for LEOP, IOT and routine operations
- Prepare training material and provide training to other members of the operations team
- Define, coordinate, conduct and document system validation activities as simulation campaigns, SVTs, mission rehearsals, etc.
- Test and validate all operational items
- Perform operational configuration management
- Participate in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings
- Support H2SAT LEOP, platform & payload IOT, GTO-GEO transfer and final GEO orbit slot acquisition as member of the operations team
- University master’s degree in aerospace, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience in spacecraft operations
- Experience in operation preparation would be an advantage
- Analytical and structured mindset
- Capability to work independent and under time pressure
- Ability to collaborate in a team and be proactive
- Fluency in English
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 6151 4285350