Mission Analysis Engineer (m/f/d)
- ESOC Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
This position is within the Flight Dynamics Operations Engineering service at ESOC. The primary areas of responsibility for this position is Mission Analysis, but the key person may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional service, missions and activities within the scope of general Flight Dynamics operations engineering services. The key person will be primarily assigned to a particular service but with the possibility of supporting other service and/or missions. Services to be provided are primarily related to HERACLES. Services may also be requested related to other Lunar Missions or other tasks in the Flight Dynamics area.
The general Mission Analysis activities to be supported by the service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
- Trajectory Optimisation focusing on the three body problem especially in the Sun-Earth and the Earth-Moon three body system.
- Navigation and Guidance for Mission Analysis
- Concurrent Design Studies for space missions
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms
- Mission Analysis for human spaceflight beyond the Earth orbit
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities.
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330