Spacecraft Operations Engineer for ExoMars (m/f/d)
- ESOC Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The primary areas of responsibility for this service are the Guidance, Navigation & Control, Propulsion subsystems and Payload, the setup and configuration of the Mission Planning System for routine operations and the support to the SOM in the Egress Operations planning and Ground Segment System Test and Validation. The service may be extended to additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE services.
The service will initially be provided for the ExoMars RSP mission within the Solar and Planetary Missions family but with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family.
The general activities to be supported by this service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
- Study of Project specific Characteristics
- Participation in the development of the Ground Segment Documentation (System Requirements Document, System Test Plan)
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
- Participation in the Ground Segment system validation activities
- Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations
- Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT) Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
- Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
- Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) and Mission Critical Operations
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge AOCS/GNC/Propulsion systems
- Experience with Mission Planning System configuration Experience in Ground Segment development and/or improvement activities in support of flight operations
- Experience in spacecraft operations
- Ability to work with other service providers in operations (team player)
- Ability to interact with other teams supporting the operations preparation (e.g. ground data systems)
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Experience with On-Board SW Maintenance (OBSM) operations
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- Familiarity with ground station control processes and set-up
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- Familiarity with MOIS
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330