Spacecraft Operations Engineer for Aeolus (m/f/d)
- ESOC Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The primary areas of responsibility for this service are the Aeolus Payload chain, including the In-situ Cleaning System and the related interfaces for Mission Planning and with Industry and payload related externals (PDGS, Mission Scientist). The service will work in close coordination with the prime Payload and ICS engineers. The service will be extended to additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE services, and participation in the on-call rotation.
The service will initially be provided for the Aeolus mission within the Earth Observation Missions family but with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family.
The general activities to be supported by this service are:
- Maintenance and preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Support to the general routine activities of the mission (Mission Planning, documentation maintenance, satellite and ground systems anomaly investigation).
- Acquisition and maintenance of general satellite knowledge and procedures, participating in the on-call engineer service rotation.
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge
- Experience in spacecraft operations
- Ability to work in an organised manner, with good reporting skills and reliable deadline meeting.
- Ability to work with other service providers in operations (team player)
- Ability to interact with other teams supporting the operations preparation (e.g. Payload Data Ground Segment, Ground Data Systems)
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- Familiarity with MOIS
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330