Spacecraft Operations Engineer for CryoSat-2 & Swarm (m//d)
- ESOC Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The primary area of responsibility for this service is the CryoSat-2 and Swarm Data-Handling subsystem, but the service provider may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE services, including test, validation and operation of the Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Simulator and other ground mission data systems.
The service provide provider will be primarily assigned to a particular mission within the Earth Observation Mission family but with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family.
The general activities to be supported by this service are:
- Preparation and execution of nominal and contingency flight operations procedures.
- Coordination of operations with ESA internal and external partners.
- Execution of Mission Planning.
- Production of procedures, validation test plans and reports for project specific software and systems (both Ground and Space related).
- Participation in systems test campaigns, training and simulation programmes.
- General flight control support service including on-call.
- Spacecraft performance monitoring and reporting on regular basis.
- Anomaly investigation and resolution.
- Strong technical background in Data Handling area.
- Proven knowledge of hardware embarked on ESA spacecraft.
- Good understanding of real-time operating software.
- Broad knowledge and experience with modern software.
- On-board software management principles.
- Good understanding of the PUS standard, the space-to-ground interface and on-board routing.
- Capable of developing basic software tools to support complex analysis and anomaly investigation.
- Ability to work in an organised manner, with good reporting skills and reliable deadline meeting.
- Fluency in English.
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and multiple missions simultaneously.
- Former experience as Data Handling SOE.
- Hands on familiarity with operational tools: MCS, Simulator, DB browser, MOIS or equivalent tool.
- Hands-on familiarity in SVT and flight procedures development.
- Familiarity with low Earth orbit satellites, including basic mission analysis and data handling observation scheduling aspects.
- Familiarity with other platform subsystems will be a plus.
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330