London 3rd Line Support Engineer
Support MEDIA SOLUTIONS
The SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of an independent news production and rundown management. Worldwide more than 75.000 Journalists use our Software Products for planning and executing their Broadcast shows.
SCISYS Media Solutions is the provider of the market-leading newsroom computer solution OpenMedia. Headquartered in Munich with subsidiaries in London and Paris, SCISYS Media Solutions has offered end-to-end solutions for modern news workflows to both public and private broadcasters in TV, radio and online environments for more than 20 years.
- Beeing a part of a tight-knit team onsite at BBC premises in central London, providing third line support for our OpenMedia newsroom computer system.
- You are responsible for the day-to-day support of OpenMedia, ensuring that the service is delivered to the SLAs and metrics defined in the contract.
- Liaising directly with the client, assuming ownership of issues through to resolution, carrying out the diagnosis and solving of technical issues, and escalating to the 4th Line where necessary.
- Administer virtual servers and support production usage of the OpenMedia software. This will include carrying out routine maintenance work as defined and agreed with the client, and providing guidance to 2nd Line support staff performing upgrades and configuration changes.
- Form good relationships with the client’s 2nd and 3rd Line support teams. This interaction could include identifying potential system failures and weaknesses and proactively advising on remedial action. They will also identify trends for root cause analysis and resolution.
- Following extensive training, the 3rd Line Support Engineer will join the shift rota which provides onsite support 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm and off site on call availability between 11pm and 8am, 365 days per year.
- Knowledge and experience in several of the following items: Microsoft Windows Server environment, networks, Integration, MS Office, Microsoft SQL Server, Powershell, VB script, Java Script, Virtualization, MOS protocol, XSLT, Active Directory, Clustering, Hyper V / VMWare
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have on site client facing experience and with working in a fast turnaround environment with short SLAs
- Knowledge of ITIL framework (solid understanding of Incident, Problem, Change)
- Effective communication and problem solving and consistently delivering a professional service
- Strong experience for supporting production applications in an enterprise Microsoft Windows environment
- An open-minded, creative and cooperative environment
- A growing company in the exciting media broadcast industry
- A high level of individual responsibility and a lot of freedom to operate in a self-organised team
Go to our website and upload your application.