Data Processing Systems Engineer (m/f/d)
- EUMETSAT Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The engineering service shall cover the following service requirements:
- Tasks related to data processing engineering in support of the Data Processing Systems & Applications (DPS&A) team.
- Follow-up on the ground segment facility supplier’s activities
- Review of the data pack delivered for the reviews
- Support preparation of EUMETSAT deliverables to other Contractors
- Participation in other Contractors` reviews in the frame of PDR, CDR, acceptance of different version of ground segment o Support for the Data pack for the OGS CDR and possibly other intermediate checkpoints
- Support of the relevant OGS and System activities
- Technical baseline engineering monitoring and update
- Tests and acceptance phases preparation
- Provide expertise in data processing engineering;
- Contribute to raising, processing and coordinating RIDs in the documentation provided by the prime contractor of the ground segment facility in the different reviews that will take place in the different programmes.
- Contribute and participate on request to progress meetings;
- Contribute to technical meetings, scheduling, and planning coordination meetings.
- Participate in data processing team meetings and associated activities and reviews where required in the area of data processing system engineering inside of DPS&A CA.
- Contribute and participate on request to dedicated technical workshops;
- Provide training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other parties involved in the related projects (including controllers, analysts and engineers).
- Undertake training identified as necessary to become familiar with the system and be able to perform their tasks;
- Become familiar with the ground segment facility usage, setup, configuration and installation once delivered by the prime contractor.
- Contribute to the facility handover to OGS integration team and /or operations.
- Perform requirements engineering in DOORS for related data processing requirements. This includes review, specification and refinement of existing requirements, their up-traces to parent Ground Segment specifications, justifications and verification methods;
- Ensure coherency of requirements with processors’ specifications;
- Provide inputs to the definition of ICDs between data processing elements and other GS functions;
- Provide inputs to the definition of testing and Operational scenarios for data processing elements;
- Provide inputs to the definition of data processing concepts and trade-offs to support requirements understanding and justification.
- Provide contributions to the Technical Notes with comments on the revision (i.e list of Review Item Discrepancy - RID) to the following documents:
- Review System Requirements Document (either to the new or update to existing documents);
- Contribution to Risk Register and first version of the Project Management Plan;
- Review System analyses and concept Documents (Consolidated Design);
- Contribution/ revision to Identification of testing needs (test data or test tools), as part of the test plan;
- Identified uncertainties in the budget estimates (time and cost);
- Review Design Documents at system and sub-system level (preliminary) (including ICDs);
- Review System and Integration Test Plan;
- Review Set of finalised Design Documents, including final ICDs;
- Review Test documentation, covering Integration, Verification and Validation aspects;
- Support to the identification of Operations Documentation updates (SCP, GCP, OPS Guide) and needs for training;
- Review MME delta design.
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
- At least 3 years’ relevant in preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems for Earth Observation missions (experience on data processing for high data rates missions will be considered an asset);
- At least one of the key persons shall have more than 4 years’ relevant experience with L1/L2 processing software for Earth Observation missions, either for operations/maintenance or specification and development.
- Demonstrated experience knowledge of the requirements engineering process, including relation between requirements, ICDs, design and testing documentation;
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the implementation of the service. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Fluent in English (communication and writing skills)
- Willingness to work within a multidisciplinary context in cooperation with other teams. The ability to maintain a system overview is essential.
- A systematic approach to work, be able to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- The capability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
- Knowledge of the IBM DOORS tool or an equivalent for requirements management;
- Experience of validating complex remote sensing data processing systems; knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards;
- Knowledge and/or experience of quality control, instrument calibration and IV&V
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330