Galileo Ground Control Segment System Engineer (m/f/d)
- ESTEC Noordwijk, NL
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
This challenging position as Galileo Ground Control Segment (GCS) Systems Engineer comprises the following main tasks:
- Support to Galileo GCS segment systems engineering activities, such as requirements engineering, project reviews, etc.
- Provide management support for the Galileo Spacecraft & Constellation Control Facility, monitoring implementation, testing, verification and validation activities, and managing the acceptance activities
- Support to the GCS Assembly, Integration and Verification (AIV) Team, specifically in the area of GCS internal and external interfaces
- Support to Galileo Second Generation programme activities
- University degree in a relavant field
- Demonstrated experience of more than 10 years in ground segment engineering activities
- Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience in design and development of monitoring and control systems, specifically SCOS
- Knowledge of the Galileo Ground Segment
- Ability to maintain a system-level view and understanding
- Able to work independently in a trusted and precise manner with attention to details
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields
- Fluency in English, both in speaking and writing
- Familiarity with Galileo space segment
- Knowledge of the relevant ECSS standards
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- The ability to multi-task efficiently
The candidate must be eligible to receive an EU security clearance.
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 6151 4285350