Satellite Simulator Software Engineer (m/f/d)
- EUMETSAT Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The work covers the support to routine operations for existing missions (e.g. EPS and MSG), coming missions such as Copernicus Sentinel-3 and other future missions such as Meteosat Third Generation (MTG), JASON-CS and EPS Second Generation (EPSSG).
The successful candidate will provide his/her prime support to the evolution and maintenance of the EUMETSAT Spacecraft Simulators in general and in particular to SIMULUS® based simulators. The tasks will typically include:
- Maintenance and Evolution Activities
- Preventive and corrective maintenance
- Evolutions and changes e.g. generation and/or analysis of user-driven and maintenance-driven software requirements
- Maintenance of test procedures
- Support and development of the verification infrastructure
- Coordination of the production of new software releases or patches, delivery acceptance and installation on-site.
- Execution and coordination of software verification and non-regression testing campaigns. User Support
- Software support for end users
- Ensure operations continuity by provision of on-call services
- Prepare and provide training covering system-usage and maintenance aspects of the mission control systems
- Technical Management
- Documentation generation and updates of technical documents
- Meeting participation
- Routine reporting
- Critical review of industry provided requirements and design definition related to existing and/or future simulators spacecraft models and simulator infrastructure components
- Software engineering framework support
- Analysis activities focused on a common software engineering framework for the GSI Mission Control Applications and Tools Team
- Development of tools implementing this software engineering framework
In addition to having a University degree in a relevant engineering discipline, the key person shall demonstrate significant knowledge and experience in the area of simulator software maintenance, evolution and testing as well as space segment requirements and design with the following mandatory areas:
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in software maintenance and evolution of Spacecraft Simulators based on SIMULUS® software suite from ESA/ESOC.
- Experience in all the following SIMULUS® components: SIMSAT, Ground Models, Generic Models, REFA, Emulator Suite and tailoring, UMF/EGOS-MF
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the definition and design of SMP2 compliant software models of spacecraft service platform subsystems
- Knowledge and understanding of space related standards (ECSS and CCSDS) with specific reference to ECSS-E-70-41A (TM and TC packet utilization)
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the full cycle of development of application software for SIMULUS® based simulator, following formal software engineering processes.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in corrective maintenance, integration and verification testing activities of application software following formal software engineering processes.
- Experience in defining automatic testing suites at unit and components integration level.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in developing and maintaining software applications using Java and C++ programming languages under UNIX operating systems.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in developing and maintaining software applications using object-oriented technologies, Unified Modelling Language (UML) for software design and CASE design tools like Magic Draw.
- Experience with MICONYS® ESOC components: SCOS-2000, NIS and SLE API
- Experience on TM/TC front ends like CORTEX
- Experience with software support to operations and in particular to TM/TC database and OBSW images import
- Experience with technical management of contractors working at off-site premises and responsible for application software evolution and maintenance
- IBM DOORS requirement management tool
- Experience in version Control Systems: CVS and SVN
- Linux Operating System
- Inter-process communication mechanisms, in particular TCP/IP and CORBA standards
- XML processing: schema design and validation
- Eclipse Rich Client Platform applications development and maintenance
- Experience with static and dynamic software analysis tools in support to testing and troubleshooting
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330