System Operations Engineer (m/f/d)
Galileo Second Generation
- ESTEC Noordwijk, NL
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The primary areas of responsibility for this position consists in the definition of the System Operations concepts and requirements for the next generation of Galileo, through active interfacing with System and Segments design experts, to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives of the new Galileo generation.
The candidate will be primarily assigned to the System Operations Engineering of the Galileo Second Generation supporting at the same time other missions (e.g. Galileo First Generation) within the Galileo programme.
The general activities to be provided by the candidate (depending on the phase of the mission) are:
- Define and maintain the System Operations project documentation for the next Generation of Galileo, including the System Level Operations Concept, both CLA and UNCLA and the Operations Service Requirement Document. Particular focus is expected on the compatibility analysis between the new generation of Galileo Satellites and the Ground Segment evolutions, the new planning functionalities as well as operations automation and monitoring and control aspects
- Identify the required Operational Improvements to be injected in the new system functional architecture definition, based on a systematic analysis of the lessons learned derived from the Galileo first generation
- Interface the System design experts within the Project to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the new mission objectives and operability requirements for all the different mission scenarios and system operating modes
- Based on the operations concept evolution and lessons learned analysis, derive operability requirements in support of the System and Segment requirements definition and consolidation
- Support the Galileo Project Office on the interactions with the Galileo GNSS Supervisory Authority Agency (GSA) for the definition of operational needs coming from service requirements
- Active participation to Galileo Evolution Engineering Boards, System and Segments Working Groups
- Active participation to Galileo System and Segments Project Reviews and coordination of the interaction between the operations team and the Galileo Project Office
- Advanced knowledge of the current Galileo system and its expected evolution.
- Proven experience in operations engineering (analysis of mission requirements, operational feasibility, identification of main operational drivers and definition of system operational concepts) to support both ground mission control system and satellite design to ensure that the overall system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives and operability requirements.
- Good understanding of mission control systems integration and verification, including the integration and testing of the individual ground elements up to the progressive integration and acceptance of the whole system and related interfaces.
- Advanced knowledge of the current Galileo operational processes related to operations preparation, validation and execution and related interfaces.
- Proven experience in engineering coordination tasks and capability to interface system design experts at both Project and Industry support level.
- Good communication skills and the ability to carry on activities and interact in a complex teamwork environment. Good practical and analytical skills are also required.
- Experience in a commercial/industrial environment
- Ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities
- Familiarity with the ESTEC environment
Security clearance: The appointment is subject to the selected candidate having or obtaining personal security clearance from his/her national security authority.
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 6151 4285350