Integration & Verification Engineer (m/f/d)
- Office Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
This position is for a Multi-Mission Integration and Verification (I&V) service of ground segments or sub-segments that are under the responsibility of EUMETSAT and that have been subject to development or evolutions. The role will be based primarily in our Darmstadt office, with access to the EUMETSAT site when necessary.
The typical activities under this task shall cover (but not be limited to) the following:
- Verification Control: for the requirements to be verified by test propose/define the testing activities. Ensure the scope is in line with the expected versions and that the testing activities can be scheduled within the foreseen timeframe;
- Observing and analysis of I&V tests run at segment and/or subsegment level;
- Writing of integration and verification test specifications;
- Identification of test tools and test data needed (and plan any necessary development of test tools and the tuning/modification of test data);
- Based on initial test specifications and other relevant documents (lower level test docs, user manuals, etc), write detailed test procedures;
- By successive iterations, refine the test procedures until they are in a status ready to be executed; Set up the test tools and refine the test data;
- Analysis of problems and management of anomalies;
- Contribute to or prepare the I&V plans. Support the EUMETSAT team during the project reviews in relation to the I&V documentation (plans, VCD, RTS etc.).
- Scheduling and executing of all the integration and verification activities in close coordination with EUMETSAT, including requesting use of common resources (such as MMEs);
- Support to scheduling and executing of all the validation activities and testing in close coordination with EUMETSAT;
The Contractor shall have at least 10 years of experience in the following areas:
- Ground segment and sub-segment level I&V for Earth Observation missions
- Software development (full lifecycle) in line with well-established standards, preferably ECSS
- Proven ability in I&V of complex systems
- Requirements and verification management
- Formal testing at component, facility and system level
- Creation of suitable test cases, documentation and their execution
- Experience in benchmarking and stress testing
- Structured software development and verification
- Software maintenance, performance monitoring ECSS standards
- Experience in operational environments under strict change control Configuration control
- Experience in near real-time, Earth observation data processing, archiving, distribution
- Experience of satellite monitoring and control (e.g. SCOS-2000)
- Knowledge of mission control functions
- Experience in satellite communications (packet TM/TC, PUS, SLE protocol) Ground Station monitoring and control
- Experience in Automated Testing
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS
- Scripting languages in a Linux environment
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP programming, network monitoring
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330