Ground Segment System Engineer (m/f/d)
- EUMETSAT Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Services business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
The Engineer shall contribute to maintaining the overall system design of the existing and future operational ground segment systems and interfaces to external systems relevant for the ground segment. When evolutions of these systems are proposed and implemented, the candidate shall analyze them and verify the system and interfaces coherence.
The service covers the following (for ground segment or sub-segment levels):
- Contribution to management and programmatic activities;
- Engineering activities for requirements definition/consolidation and early design phases (direct implementation or follow up support provided to EUMETSAT teams);
- Engineering activities for detail design phases and build-up phases (also direct implementation or follow up support provided to EUMETSAT teams);
- Engineering activities for I&V, including;
- Definition of AIV plans and test scenarios, specifications and procedures; o Coordination and implementation of integration activities;
- Coordination and implementation of Verification activities;
- Contribution to validation activities;
- Engineering activities for supporting operations and maintenance (corrective and evolutive) of the different ground segments (or sub-segments) of EUMETSAT.
Additional to an University degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline relevant to the job profile the mandatory skills and experience include:
- Systems Engineering and architectural design for data processing systems, MMEs and ground segment systems;
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems
- Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards)
- Experience of interface management and definition
- Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition
- Capability to prepare and manage ICD
- Use of modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes and knowledge of system and software life-cycles and standards
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems
- Experience in operational environments under strict configuration management rules
- Experience in maintenance of ground system and associated anomaly management process
- Experience in change control procedures
- System engineering and IV&V for Ground Segment and subsegment levels
- Data processing
- Archive systems
- Computer systems
- Mission Control and Monitoring Systems
- Automated Testing
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS
- Scripting languages in a Linux environment
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP programming, network monitoring
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality. Moreover, we actively manage your development.
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values.
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us.
Tel: +49 6151 4285350