Learning & Learning Technologies Expert (m/f/d)
- EUMETSAT Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Service business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
EUMETSAT provides meteorological and environmental data, products, systems and services to users. Some of these activities are undertaken on behalf of the European Commission as part of Europe’s Copernicus programme. In order to support the exploitation of these data and services EUMETSAT runs a training programme. For the EUMETSAT data, the focus of the training programme is to support the operational application by meteorological and hydrological services.
The core tasks are:
- To evaluate the current state of EUMETSAT training interventions and propose ways to enhance the intervention based on good practice and educational research.
- To run user consultations to inform the design of new training events.
- To provide training for trainers and subject matter experts on instructional design and training with a focus on learning-outcomes oriented design.
- In collaboration with SMEs, design training resources, such as case studies, online lessons, interactive exercises and video tutorials, and other innovative learning experiences.
- Review the final products to ensure they are oriented towards high-quality learning outcomes by using instructional systems design principles.
- Propose enhancements to our approach to evaluation and learning analytics for our training interventions.
- Contribute as facilitator in the EUMETSAT’s train the trainer online and classroom activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate translation of the resources when required.
- Evaluate the current baseline of EUMETSAT’s learning technologies
- Report on the current effectiveness of the technologies
- Propose future technologies and develop implementation plans
- Manage the evolution of our Moodle platform, providing second line support when needed.
- Provide second line support for the online meetings and teleconferences platform.
- Provide training to the EUMETSAT Training administrators, developing first line support and day-to-day administration capabilities for their online training work.
- In collaboration with SMEs, develop training resources, in terms of case studies, online lessons, interactive exercises and video tutorials, and courses, applying sustainable and sound technological solutions.
- Participate in the Meteorological Technical Support Officer community of practice1 – providing resilience and coverage across partner organisations, and sharing knowledge and best practices – reporting on implications for EUEMTSAT
- Coordinate publication of The Training Bulletin (3 times per year).
- Maintain the documentation and development schedule
- Postgraduate level qualification, and/or professional certification such as CMALT or similar.
- Instructional design in general within a professional development and adult learning context in particular, with a strong understanding of the application of learning theories.
- Implementing and evolving online and distance learning
- Hands-on knowledge of standard learning technologies and tools such as Moodle Conferencing tools
- Planning evolution of learning technologies in vocational training
- Providing instructional design training to trainers and SMEs.
- The key persons shall have excellent communication, planning, implementation and cross cultural team working skills.
- The key persons shall be able to work fluently in English.
- A working knowledge of French is a significant advantage.
- An understanding of EUMETSAT, and training in the meteorological or scientific context is an advantage but not essential.
With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality.
Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values
Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us
Tel: +49 (0)61514285330