Satellite Mission Data Systems Manager (m/f/d)
- EUMETSAT Darmstadt
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH in its Engineering Services business provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
Working directly with our client you will provide support to the operations team in the area of the SCOS-2000 mission control system and associated subsystems. The support covers all phases of mission control system procurement from requirements definition through to acceptance and validation of systems delivered by industry.
You will work closely with the rest of the operations team and will be expected to work on several tasks in parallel across multiple earth observation missions in different stages of procurement.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Physics, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience working on satellite mission control systems
- Good knowledge of Mission Control Systems for preferably Earth Observation satellites
- Experience as in the coordination of mission control system development, preferably for Earth Observation Missions including pre-launch activities and launch campaigns of satellites
- Familiarity with ESA mission control system products and in particular extensive knowledge in the operational deployment of external systems such as EDDS, GFTS and DARC
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behaviour of complex systems
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and manage several activities in parallel
- Capability to interact with users in customer oriented manner. This include 1st and 2nd line support
- Experience working with operational missions, and particular previous experience with Copernicus/Sentinels Missions would be an advantage
- Experience in coordinating across an organization to introduce new systems and resolve operational issues
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- With SCISYS you get the chance to take responsibility for your own and varied professional activities, while there is always room for producing new ideas and contributing your personality. Moreover, we actively manage your development.
- Get to know a corporate culture where team spirit, trust and dedication are the core values.
- Short decision paths, flexible working hours and a good reconciliation of work and everyday life are a matter of course for us.
Tel: +49 6151 4285350